The tennis courts, located on the east side of the park, will be opening for the 2017 season on March 27 after 3:00 pm, weather permitting.
The six tennis courts at Maggie Daley Park are available for walk-up use at no charge. Those who wish to permit the court hours and rental fees are:
Monday – Friday, 7:00 am – 5:00 pm – $15/hour
Monday – Friday, 5:00 pm – 9:00 pm – $20/hour
Saturday & Sunday, 7:00 am – 9:00 pm – $20/hour
Permits are issued for three or more dates paid at the time of permit issue. The Chicago Park District reserves the right to alter this pricing policy at any time.
For information on permits please call 312.742.7651 or email here
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I make a court reservation?
- The tennis courts at Maggie Daley Park are available for walk-up use at no charge without a reservation
- Reservations are made through an athletic permit. Permits are issued for three or more dates paid at the time of permit issue
How will tennis court lights operate?
- Tennis court lights will be on while the tennis courts are open
- Court hours are Monday – Sunday, 7:00 am – 9:00 pm
Are lessons available?
- Yes, group lessons are available beginning May 16th
- To view the schedule, visit here
- No private teaching is permitted unless it is authorized by the Chicago Park District. Private teachers need a Chicago Park District permit
Are permanent court times available?
- Yes, you can apply for an athletic permit through the Chicago Park District, Maggie Daley Park office
- The Chicago Park District reserves the right to alter this pricing policy at any time
Can an outside instructor teach lessons on the court?
No, private teaching is only permitted when authorized by the Chicago Park District
What are the court regulations?
The tennis courts at Maggie Daley Park are available for walk-up use at no charge
Play on all courts will begin and end each hour on the hour
Please do not enter courts until you are permitted to play. All players should relinquish their court on the hour
No more than five balls are allowed on one court at a time, except for programs offered by Chicago Park District instructors
Proper tennis attire is required and tennis shoes must be worn on the court at all times
Private tennis instruction must obtain an athletic permit through the Chicago Park District
No food, glass, or alcoholic beverages are permitted
No bicycles, rollerblades, or skateboards on the courts
Courts are for tennis and pickleball only