Ice Skating Ribbon
DUE TO COVID 19: Reservations will be required to ice skate, whether you bring your own or rent skates.
The upside about making a reservation, no lines, no waiting and no crowds. Limited spots are available this will allow skaters to safely skate and social distance! Masks required while skating and in the park at all times. Please be courteous of others and maintain social distancing while in the park.
In the heart of downtown Chicago, with the City’s skyline as a backdrop, a ribbon of ice winds through a rolling landscape providing an ice skating experience unlike any other. The skating ribbon is dramatically different from typical civic ice rinks, creating a multi-sensory activity that is integrated into the landscape. Skaters can experience “alpine in the city” as they lace up their ice skates and follow a path twice the length of a lap around a traditional skating rink. Complementing the ribbon are places to enjoy a cup of hot chocolate and rent skates.
Skating Ribbon is managed by Rink Management.
- Skate rental – $16
- Skate with your own skates – $5
- Holiday pricing includes Holidays and Holiday season (December 18th – January 3rd) $20
- Holidays: Thanksgiving, Black Friday, Christmas Eve/Day, New Years Eve/Day, MLK Day and Presidents Day – $20 skate rental
- Skates are available in child’s size 8 through men’s size 12
- Locker rental – standard lockers $5, large lockers $8 – per day
Sessions: RESERVATIONS REQUIRED TO SKATE
Monday – Thursday
- 12:30 – 2:00 pm
- 2:45 – 4:15pm
- 7:15 – 8:45pm
Friday – Sunday
December 18th – January 3rd, Black Friday, New Year’s Day, MLK Day and Presidents Day
Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve/Day
New Year’s Eve
- Monday – Thursday: 2:00 pm, 4:15 pm and 6:30 pm
- Friday – Sunday: 12:30 pm, 2:45 pm , 5:00 pm and 7:15 pm
- Zamboni times are dependent upon weather conditions and take 35-45 minutes
- Follow @MaggieDaleyPark on Twitter for Zamboni updates
- Skate sharpening is NOT available onsite
- Skate sizes available are child’s size 8 through men’s size 12.
- Figure and hockey skates available.
- Locker space is limited and unattended bags will be removed.
- Accessibility: A skate assist sled is available for use by skaters with physical disabilities and their companion skater.
- For information on hosting a private holiday or winter skating event, click here.
Skating Ribbon Rules & Regulations:
- Masks required to skate and in the park at all times
- Skate carefully at all times
- Follow the instructions of the skate assistants
- Skate only in the direction currently being indicated by the skating assistants
- Speed of skating at all times must equal the flow of all other skaters
- Only people wearing skates are allowed on the ice surface
- No more than two (2) people may skate together
The following are not permitted on the ice:
- Skating when ice resurfacing is being completed
- Skating in a manner that endangers of interferes with the enjoyment experienced by other skaters
- Stopping or standing on the ice
- Horseplay, game playing, excessive speed, roughness or skating in a dangerous or potentially dangerous fashion
- Carrying children or secondary items on the ice; handbags, backpacks, cameras, cell phones, portable music players, etc.
- Jumps, spins, or skating backwards
- Speed skates (racer blade skates)
- Hockey playing
- Eating or drinking
- Throwing snowballs or other objects at any time
- Sitting on or leaning over the railing
SKATE AT YOUR OWN RISK