Tennis Court Hours
TENNIS COURTS ARE OPEN – WEATHER PERMITTING
Tennis Courts are open daily 8:00 am – 9:00 pm
Pickleball Courts are open Monday-Friday 11:00 am – 1:00 pm – PICKLEBALL COURTS OPEN APRIL 5TH
Tennis courts are on a first come first serve basis, please use the court for 1 hour starting on the hour.
For information on permits please call 312.742.7651.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I make a court reservation?
- Please call 312-742-7651 to make a reservation
- Reservations are made through an athletic permit. Permits are issued for three or more dates paid at the time of permit issue
How will tennis court lights operate?
- Tennis court lights will be on while the tennis courts are open
- Court hours are Monday – Sunday, 8:00 am – 9:00 pm
Are lessons available?
- Yes, group lessons are available
- To view the schedule, visit the Chicago Park District website.
- No private teaching is permitted unless it is authorized by the Chicago Park District. Private teachers need a Chicago Park District permit
Are permanent court times available?
- Yes, you can apply for an athletic permit through the Chicago Park District, Maggie Daley Park office
- The Chicago Park District reserves the right to alter this pricing policy at any time
Can an outside instructor teach lessons on the court?
No, private teaching is only permitted when authorized by the Chicago Park District
What are the court regulations?
- The tennis courts at Maggie Daley Park are available for walk-up use at no charge
- Play on all courts will begin and end each hour on the hour
- Please do not enter courts until you are permitted to play. All players should relinquish their court on the hour
- No more than five balls are allowed on one court at a time, except for programs offered by Chicago Park District instructors
- Proper tennis attire is required and tennis shoes must be worn on the court at all times
- Private tennis instruction must obtain an athletic permit through the Chicago Park District
- No food, glass, or alcoholic beverages are permitted
- No bicycles, rollerblades, or skateboards on the courts
- Courts are for tennis and pickleball only